Online Event Management System – This project is an online event management system / website which enables college management to effectively organize all indoor and outdoor events held in college and outside of college. The project will provide a centralized interface to management persons to plan events like nature tour, sport competitions, Job Fairs, Book Club, Live Concerts, Food Festivals, Quiz Competition , and Speech Competition etc. Separate interfaces for online registration feature will be provided to the students to register themselves in various events. Parents of the students have also access to this interface to see the present and upcoming events. Admin Interface will be used by college administration and its credentials will be shared with owner / top management. Through this interface, they can create various types of events during the academic year. Different types of events like recreational and educational and health related activities can be managed through this admin interface. Complete information like the date, time ,eligibility criteria, expected outcomes and rewards for each event will also be made through this interface. This interface should also enable college administration to answer student’s queries. Afterwards, they will also be able to monitor the success and failure rate of each event organized. On User Interface, each student can view the list of all events which have been organized, being organized now, or will be organized in near future. He / she can register him/ herself in the event and can read all important information about that event that has been shared by the college administration. He / She can also post a query for each event in case of any difficulty in understanding terms and conditions. This web application will be developed using ASP.NET / PHP as the front end and SQL Server /MYSQL as a back-end. The database will store all necessary information about the events and the related information.
1. The systems must have two different views:
- Admin View
- User View
2. In Admin View, the user have full rights and can create user accounts for students/Parents. Specific users can create, update or delete information of any event.
3. There should be a search interface on Admin View which helps the top management to search any event and its details.
4. Through User/Student account, the user can view the list of all events which have been organized, being organized now a days, or will be organized in future. He / she can register him / herself for the event and can read all important information about that event that has been shared by the college administration. He / She can also post a query for any event in case of any difficulty in understanding terms and conditions.
5. The system shall provide convenient interface for the creation of event category (Recreational, Educational, and Health etc.), events, venue, participants, expected outcomes and rewards.
6. The system should also store and display pictures of each event held in college.
7. The system shall be capable to provide an interface to the college administration to contact the parents of students who have register themselves in any event.
8. The system shall provide Password Recovery facility using Email.
9. The system should provide the interface to store the information of each event’s class/category, date, time, eligibility criteria, expected outcomes, rewards, and venue etc.
Tools: ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, PHP, MYSQL
Name: Muhammad Qamar Usman
Email address: [email protected]
Skype ID: qamarvu
We will develop this project step by step in ASP.NET with SQL Server database. We will go through following steps in order to complete this project.
- Installation of Visual Studio 2010
- Creation of Database
- Theme Setup for Project
- Admin View Development
- User View Development
- Reports Development